5 Benefits of Google My Business
What is Google My Business? It is one more product that Google offers us for free and is mainly used by local businesses.This tool has and is constantly evolving which is why businesses must stay on top of updates and check this tool often. It is designed for local businesses because it offers them online tools allowing us to have a window of contact with users, prospects and clients. If you have a business and do not have a website yet, you can use this page to have an internet presence.
Google My Business is a social network and should be managed as such, with very important benefits for advertising with Google Ads, the organic SEO positioning of the website (if it has it) and to improve the experience of the users with the business. If you have implemented your Google My Business page, when searching for your business, the corresponding information will appear on the right side, as well as on Google Maps.
People turn online multiple times a day to find information to make their lives easier. As the main search engine to help you find what you need, Google has developed Google My Business as a way for businesses to stand out. Whether through a search result or a maps query, over five billion searches are made each day through Google. That means that a large audience can see your Google My Business profile. In an era where Google is used everyday to search for anything, improving how your business appears on Google can have a big impact.
Also, by having the Google My Business page of the premises created, it will generate higher ranking and organic positioning of the website, since Google considers it important for the user experience and will give better positioning to your results in the Google search engine.
Here you have the top five benefits of using this tool: 1. Free of charge: Google doesn’t charge you for opt-in this tool, however, you really need to invest time to get familiarized with this tool and actually take advantage of the full benefits it has to offer. The idea is to give the user all the existing information about your business through the Google my Business page to users regarding their needs and relevance.
2. Insights: Google offers analytical data about how a business was found, where it was shown, and what information the end-user is seeing. This is helpful to create campaigns and get to know your target market.
3. Google Post: it has the option to show “featured content” to users that already found the business. This includes: - Events: If you are hosting an event that could drive in-store visits like live music at a bar or restaurant it’s important to announce it.
- Product Updates: new merchandise, new products, etc.
- Offers: sales and discounts you are offering.
- Announcements: any updates related to store hours or general business information. Make sure to update regularly your hours and holidays.
4. Reviews: users are going to leave reviews. Some of them will be good, some of them will be bad, and all of them will play a key role in how other customers see a business. Google My Business allows us to manage and monitor reviews and reply to users. 5. Visibility: having consistent information throughout Google about a business will improve all marketing efforts as many local listings use Google’s data to feed their listings.
Your Google My Business profile should at least include images you have of your business (external, internal, team, etc.) will be displayed on the Google My Business page. The local business address and business phone will be displayed. It will tell you if it is open or not and how to get there. All benefits will be shown automatically on all devices. During this pandemic it is very important to keep updating your Google My Business page, Google even included a special tab for COVID-19 updates under “Create post”. If your business hours have changed due to the pandemic make sure to update it, also, in the case of restaurants, they can mention if they have curbside, dine-in, take out, etc. Let us know if you would like our team to manage Google My Business for your business, we can include it as part of your business’s monthly package.